Who doesn't love a posset? A delicious, silky rich dessert that is so simple to make yet a real crowd pleaser when you have guests to dinner.
If it's not blackberry season, you can top with any tart fruit such as raspberries or poached rhubarb to cut through the richness.
Cooking Time: 40 minutes plus chilling time
500ml double cream
1 sprig of rosemary
150g caster sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
Juice of 1/2 orange
Blackberries to serve
1. Put the cream, rosemary and sugar into a heavy-based saucepan and slowly bring to the boil, stirring from time to time to help the sugar dissolve.
2. Take off the heat and leave to infuse for 30 minutes. Remove the rosemary, place back over the heat and bring to the boil. Once boiled, reduce the heat slightly and let the cream bubble away for three minutes. Be warned, you need to watch it like a hawk in case it boils over.
3. Pour into a bowl and whisk in the orange and lemon juice.
4. Divide the mixture between six small glasses or cups and allow to cool, then cover and refrigerate.
5. The posset will firm up once in the fridge and needs about three hours to set properly.
6. Just before serving, put some blackberries on top of each posset.