This is a super easy hearty supper that you can just pop in the oven and leave to work it's magic.
6 good quality pork sausages
Tablespoon olive oil
1 clove of garlic
330ml red wine
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
400g cannelleni beans
Handful of fresh thyme or teaspoon of dried thyme
- Preheat the oven on 160C.
- Prick the sausages and pop them into a medium sized casserole dish with the oil. Cook on a medium heat until browned.
- Peel and slice the onion and garlic and add to the pan.
- Slice the mushrooms and add to the casserole dish. Continue to cook for a few minutes and then pour in the wine, chopped tomatoes and cannelleni beans. Add the herbs and stir everything together.
- Pop in the oven and cook for around 45 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Stir occasionally to make sure if hasn't stuck to the pan.
- Serve with crusty bread and/or some steamed seasonal greens.