With its golden brown crust and moist centre, this recipe is sure to be a hit with all the family.
1 tbsp butter (for greasing)
50g plain flour, plus 1 too for dusting
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
125g ground almonds
200g caster sugar
250ml light olive oil
5 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 tbsp rosemary leaves, chopped
Zest of 2 lemons
Raspberries to serve
- Heat the oven to 160C (140C fan). Butter and flour a 20cm round springform cake tin.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and ground almonds into a large mixing bowl. Tip in the sugar and store everything together.
- Add the olive oil, eggs, rosemary and lemon zest to the mix and fold in until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 45-50 minutes. The cake should have a slight wobble when you remove it from the oven but it will set beautifully firm once it has cooled. When cooking, if the top of the cake seems to be browning too quickly, lay a double folded piece of baking parchment across the top of the tin.
- After removing from the oven, leave the cake in its tin to cool until firm enough to transfer to a wire rack.
- Slice and serve with some fresh raspberries.