This flapjack recipe is perfect for a healthy snack or makes a great breakfast on the go. It's very easy to make so great for the children to get involved in making too.
250g dried apricots or other dried fruit of your choice.
400ml orange juice
200g jumbo porridge oats
50g crystallised ginger, finely chopped
100g of your favourite seeds e.g. sunflower or pumpkin seeds
½ tsp mixed spice
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C.
- Line the base of a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Tip the dried apricots into a small pan and pour in the orange juice. Pop a lid on the pan and bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 10 mins until the apricots are soft and plump.
- Take the pan off the heat and use a blender to blitz them into a purée.
- Add the oats to the fruit purée along with the crystalised ginger and oats.
- Pour in the seeds and add the mixed spice before stirring everything together.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the top down with the spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until dark golden brown and firm.
- Let the flapjacks cool in the tin for 2-3 mins, then slice into squares
- Leave the squares to cool completely and transfer to an airtight container.