French Toast is the perfect slow weekend breakfast, enjoyed around the kitchen table with plenty of freshly brewed coffee, the papers and lots of family conversation.
We like to top our fresh toast with fresh berries and yogurt but the options are endless; bacon and maple syrup, fruit compote, honey or any fresh fruit of your choice. We'd love to know your favourites.
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
4 slices bread (thick sliced and any type of your choice)
2 tablespoons vanilla sugar
Salt (to taste)
1. Cook milk and vanilla sugar over a medium heat for a couple of minutes.
2. Then set aside.
3. Beat together eggs with sugar. Dip slices of bread into a beaten-egg mixture, then into a milk mixture.
4. Place two slices at a time of the milk-egg-coated bread in a frying pan with a half of the butter. Cook until the slices of bread are browned.
5. Repeat with the the other two slices.
6. Serve with berries of your choice and a dollop of your favourite yogurt.